Yeah. Good grief. Fucking Scoble. I just posted an article about it here on the Daily Beast.

14 Responses to “Guess who else wants to “monetize his influence” and become a blogger slash angel investor?”

1. David

Scoble’s worthless. Seriously, this guy was still using Google Buzz after Google+ has opened up which speaks volumes about his judgement in matter of technology. I think that tips the scales in his direction when considering who’s more worthless to the community of technology journalism, him or Lance Ulanoff.

2. Robert Scoble

This is bullshit.

What’s funny is that this is nothing more than bar talk. I’m not involved in any startup fund and I don’t think I will be anytime soon (I never say never because tomorrow Bill Gates could walk up to me and hand me a billion dollars, but I’m not holding my breath). I haven’t gotten to any sort of negotations where I even see a term sheet or anything official. No email. No serious conversations. No business.

I do not invest in startups. I have no money in any tech company other than in Rackspace stock (I own some mutual funds that might invest in tech).

If this ever changes you will be the first to know.

3. Robert Scoble

I’m always interested in talking about my career and the path it could take but I NEVER HAVE APPROACHED ANYONE about doing my own fund. Whoever said that to you is lying and you didn’t make that clear to me in your email to me this morning, Dan. It’s other people who come up to me and start talking to me about doing a fund.

4. Robert Scoble

Just to explain what’s going on here. If Dan had done real journalism and not a drive by in email that I didn’t understand the context of I would have explained. At the World Economic Forum there is a group led by Rich Strombach, which is an informal set of folks. They are thinking of doing their own fund and wanted to know if I’d be interested in joining them. I told them that I’m always interested in business ideas so to put something together and let me know what that might look like. I told them that I’d consider any such request after I have it in writing. I have NOT heard back yet from them and have NOT signed any documentation and have NOT asked any VC to invest in any such fund. If anyone is hitting up VCs on my behalf I sure would love to know that. My phone number is +1-425-205-1921 and my email is scobleizer@gmail.com

5. Robert Scoble

The photo was taken by JD Lasica in Mike Arrington’s back yard at a Techcrunch Party that Mike threw to celebrate the launch of our book, Naked Conversations. I got half naked to have some fun and it became this photo.

6. Jim

Wow. Lyons is worse than I thought. Now that Siegler & Arrington bitch-slapped him, he’s moving on to Scoble? What, are you bored, Dan?

7. Sash

The question is – is that pic a joke or just an accurate portrayal of some deeper more serious underlying issues?
    Any shrinks want to weigh in?